While I don’t normally post anything on days other than Monday and Friday, but I figured I would make an exception this time since I have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Creative Writing For Me. Check out this blog about all things writing related.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
My nominations for The Versatile Blogger’s Award are:
- Victoria’s Ramblings
- Julie Arduini
- Coffee Stains on My Bible
- Morrighan’s Muse
- Books, Books, and More Books
- Smilingldsgirl’s Weblog
- The Writing Reader
- Meandered Wanderings
- J.C.s Bookshelf
- Writing and Works
- A Writer’s Notepad
- Reflections From the Midwest
- Oh, For the Love of Lily
- Donna’s Bookshelf
And 7 interesting things about myself:
1. I’m tremendously afraid of spiders–if I am home alone, I will find a way to get rid of them while staying as far away as possible. Usually this involves the extension feature on my handheld vacuum.
2. I’m also terrified of heights. But this does not stop me from riding roller coasters (maybe it adds to the thrill?), ferris wheels, however, I don’t want to even think about going on.
3. I’m very interested in genealogy. My mom’s side of the family has created quite the puzzle that I hope to be able to solve someday (If you are german and have some sort of the last name “Benzine,” you could be my missing link.
4. I went to college to become an English teacher. Before and just after I got my degree, I realized some important things. First, my final literature class nearly made me want to change my major altogether (probably to history). Second, my student teaching that turned into a long term substitute teaching position made me change my mind about being a teacher. Unfortunately, I was done with college at that point. Fortunately, I have a ridiculously awesome husband who is being patient with me and letting me pursue my dreams.
5. I love cats! Maybe not quite like this gal, but I’ve only gone a month or so (of my 26 years) of not owning a cat. My two cats now are super spoiled and we have regular conversations… seriously, one of them
talks meows back in response.
6. I hate routine. I struggle to stay consistent with anything. The only reason I’ve been able to maintain one with this blog so far is because of the scheduling feature. I can write them when I want, and schedule them to post accordingly. This dislike of routine is quite annoying in other ways. It makes it hard to get into a healthy workout habits or even writing habits (but it gets done!).
7. As hinted at in number 4, I love history! To the point that I convinced my husband that a trip to Boston would be a great honeymoon, and since we were so close, we should stop and spend a day in Salem.
Thanks again to Creative Writing For Me for the nominations!